Monday, March 21, 2011

HDD isuues

So I am kind of upset right now considering the fact that I am reloading Ubuntu right now on my laptop. I was very close to finishing the initial setup of our project when my computer just shut down. When I powered it back on my second HDD, the one Ubuntu is loaded on, would not show up in the boot manager. I removed my primary HDD and replaced it with my secondary, forcing my machine to boot to it. Ubuntu came up but immediately shut down again. Again I pulled the HDD out and noticed it was abnormally hot. Figured it was a bad HDD. I let it sit for a bit to cool down then replaced in the machine and booted again. The OS came up but acted funny. I could not connect to the Internet but the Internet works fine on other machines in my house.
I don’t know much about troubleshooting Ubuntu network problems but I suspect the HDD anyways. I have a spare HDD so I slapped it in real quick and began the reinstall process. After the install finishes it is back to square one with setting up our project. I am very familiar with the setup by now though so hopefully this will not be too big of a set back. This is still frustrating, I have a ton to do right now!!
My machine is coming back up right now. Back to work…

No comments:

Post a Comment